Travelling is stressful, especially when you suffer from anxiety like I do. Don’t get caught out without the essentials. Whether they make long haul flights more bearable, or they help me on a day-to-day basis while I’m travelling, there are few things I always have in my travel SOS pack.
- Bose headphones to tune everyone and everything out (especially on a flight!)
- Lip balm and moisturising cream to keep my lips and skin hydrated
- Sunscreen because no one is stronger than the sun
- iPad with my favourite shows or movies downloaded just in case there’s nothing worth watching on the in-flight entertainment
- Ear plugs in case I see a local band
- Roll on deodorant because everyone should do what they can to smell as nice as possible on a flight
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- A scarf for when it gets chilly on the plane or at my destination
- iPod with music and audiobooks to keep me busy on planes, trains, boats and buses throughout my trip
- A good book that’s small and compact enough to carry around
- A journal and at least three pens for when I’m taking notes and filling in forms at airports
- Portable phone charger so I’m never caught with a flat battery
- Warm socks to keep my toes warm on flights
What are your essentials? Let me know in the comments below!